Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bauval’s Mysteries

‘The Orion Mystery’ by Robert Bauval is one of my favorite books. I started reading it again because I missed the feeling of excitement that all those ancient riddles used to build up in me. I guess I am ‘growing up’ or old – routine, relationships, job, family matters. It’s easy to find yourself consumed by it all. All of those things steal something from you. Most of our cravings and interests get buried by every day life. So here I am trying to get a taste of that strange feeling you get while doing your own little research with half of you library lying around you on the floor. It wasn’t that difficult. I’ve always loved Bauval’s work. I can feel it now – the blood rush and the curiosity taking over me.
So ‘The Orion Mystery’. The bottom line is that the constellation of Orion has its own perfect replica on earth -the Giza pyramid complex. To be a little more accurate I need to point out that the Orion Correlation theory connects Orion’s belt with the layout of the three main pyramids in the Giza necropolis. Furthermore, there is a speculation that the Great Sphinx’s shape is a reference to the constellation of Leo and that Nile represents the Milky way.

As I said – I love that book.
Actually because of it I made my husband take me to Egypt. It is a great travel destination no doubt. I wanted to go there and see if for myself. I’ve been there 3 times now and each of them has been a whole different experience. Personally I’m in love with Aswan. Extremely overcrowded of course…

Going down the Nile on a felucca was really nice. It didn’t even bother me not having a shower in 2 days. The only thing that did bother me was that we had accommodation problems because of the last minute bookings. The second time I got smarter and called to confirm our reservation before leaving London( I used a call service that provides cheap calls to Egypt ). I love the smell of the desert carried by the hot khamsin. I can smell it now too while turning the pages of my old copy of ‘The Orion Mystery’. It might be just me, my imagination playing mind games or maybe the ancient sand stuck between the pages really carries a smell. The smell of eternity.
feluccas
eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment